This Policy document encompasses all aspects of security surrounding confidential company information as well as information collected from users. This policy describes 1st Choice Continuing Education policies and procedures on the collection, use, and disclosure of the primary stakeholder’s information when using our website.
This policy applies to all confidential information collected by 1st Choice Continuing Education.
Collection of Personal Data
While using the services of 1st Choice Continuing Education, users may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify the user. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Address, including street address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, and/or city
- Date of Birth
- Credit, debit card number or other payment information
- Data made available by linking your social media accounts to the 1st Choice Continuing Education platform
Use of Personal Data
1st Choice Continuing Education may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services, including to monitor the usage of the services offered.
- To manage user accounts: to manage user registration as a user of Food Service Prep’s services. The personal data provided by users can give users access to different functionalities of the 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services that are available to registered users.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services users have purchased.
- To contact users: To contact users by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide users with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which 1st Choice Continuing Education offers unless users have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage user requests: To attend and manage user requests to Food Service Prep.
1st Choice Continuing Education may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: 1st Choice Continuing Education may share user personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of 1st Choice Continuing Education services, for payment processing, to contact users.
- For Business transfers: 1st Choice Continuing Education may share or transfer user personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Food Service Prep’s business to another company.
- With Business partners: 1st Choice Continuing Education may share user information with 1st Choice Continuing Education’s business partners to offer users certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when users share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If users interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, user contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see other user’s name, profile, pictures and description of user activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of user activity, communicate with user and view user profiles.
Retention of Your Personal Data
1st Choice Continuing Education will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services, or 1st Choice Continuing Education is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Any data retained by 1st Choice Continuing Education is stored on secure servers. Details regarding any transactions entered using the 1st Choice Continuing Education website will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
User information, including personal data, is processed at the Food Service Prep's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of user’s state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from user jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Under certain circumstances, 1st Choice Continuing Education may be required to disclose user personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements:
1st Choice Continuing Education may disclose user personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of 1st Choice Continuing Education
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Food Service Prep’s services
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of user personal data is important to 1st Choice Continuing Education, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While 1st Choice Continuing Education’s strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect user personal data, 1st Choice Continuing Education cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the processing of user personal data:
Service providers have access to user personal data only to perform their tasks on 1st Choice Continuing Education’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of 1st Choice Continuing Education’s services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.